First Birthday Bash!
We had so much fun filming videos for a little something we have up our sleeve! We played with these two precious cuties and it was super sweet in more ways than one. Here is a sneak peak of our first birthday celebration dressed head to toe in Mud Pie!
What we learned:
1. Talk about a sugar rush! These two were all over the place after they ate their weight in cake. Make your little one’s birthday picture perfect and shop all of our birthday products on mudpie.com now! (and our Gold Edge Marble Serving Board Set)
2. It is going to get messy, that is OK! Baby + cake = a complete mess. But that is how it is supposed to be. Create a cake smashing space inside the house with a disposable table cover (you can get one at the dollar store) underneath the high chair. You can also move the event outside.
3. Make sure you have a bib AND a back up bib, because it’s going to get everywhere.
4. Don’t put the cake down until you are ready to roll. We learned the second we set the cake down, these two went after it. Make sure you are ready to snap a pic or record a video and then set the cake down and let them get to smashing!
5. A first birthday party is all about the birthday boy/girl, but make sure the guests have something sweet to eat too! Get an extra cake (we ordered two of the exact same cake) for your guests, because the smash cake will have baby hands, nose and even feet all over it.
How are you celebrating your cutie’s first birthday? Tag us in a photo on Instagram (@mudpiegift) so we can see how you incorporate Mud Pie birthday products into your baby’s big day!
Shop everything Mud Pie at mudpie.com
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
Most recently, I celebrated my nephew’s first birthday. ONE! I can’t believe he is one. Below are some pictures from Elias’ dinosaur first birthday party! We had a DINO-mite time.
He is my only nephew so I can’t help but shower him with Mud Pie. Elias’ first birthday outfit was an adorable Mud Pie Dino Birthday T-shirt, gray jeans and Birthday “One” Socks. I personalized the first birthday shirt – I couldn’t help it! The birthday outfit was complete with the Blue “I’m One” Birthday Hat. He looked so handsome!
We used lots of plastic and inflatable dinosaurs around the house. Tons of happy birthday balloons, pictures of Elias throughout the year and paper pom poms filled the room with color. The main table was decorated with a milestone chalkboard sign which featured Elias’ favorite things, colorful paper products and a Mud Pie Birthday Boy Candle Plate. Outside a Mud Pie Chalkboard Cupcake Sign and a Birthday Boy Dinosaur Door Hanger welcomed guests to the party.
We served up three different crostini’s, pasta and fruit salads, chips & dip, cookies and cupcakes. Crostini’s really are a great party food – easy and delicious. Check out these awesome crostini recipes here.
Bubbles, balloons and cupcakes—what else do you need at a 1 year old birthday party? Dinosaur hats! Each guest was sent home with a dinosaur hat, stick on mustache, and mini bubbles. The kids had a roaring good time running around the yard as dinosaurs.
ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END
After a long day of partying Elias crashed hard in his Mud Pie Monster Lounge Set. We were all tired – first birthday parties are hard work!
Planning your little ones first birthday party? Check out all of our ADORABLE birthday decor, outfits and more here.
Dino Birthday T-shirt: Mud Pie // Birthday “One” Sock: Mud Pie // Birthday “One” Hat: Mud Pie // Birthday Boy Candle Plate: Mud Pie // Chalkboard Cupcake Sign: Mud Pie // Birthday Boy Dinosaur Door Hanger: Mud Pie // Monster Lounge Set: Mud Pie