Let’s be honest…brunch is a phenomenon that has changed the weekends of many. Me being one of those. It gives you a chance to sleep in and have a relaxing morning, while still getting to enjoy some of the most delicious eats. Plus it’s an excuse to dress up and sip on cocktails. Food, drinks, style and great company…what’s there not to love?
But there are some days where I want to continue relaxing without having to worry about what I look like in public (we’ve all been there). Since brunch has become a staple weekend activity, I have found ways to enjoy it on those Saturday and Sundays where I just want to stay at home.
My husband and I love to cook up brunch recipes for an at home brunch party! Sometimes the two of us enjoy a quiet brunch on the porch with our sweet pup. Other times, we call over friends to join us for a brunch party. Either way, it’s everything brunch should be, but almost better because we get to stay in our pajamas! Now that’s a win!
This weekend we’re hosting a brunch party with the friends. So I’m giving you the Mud Pie essentials needed & some of our favorite recipes!
Sidekicks Bakers Set // Happy Pitcher // Fleur De Lis Plate Stand // Happy Spreader Set // Bistro Linen Towel Holder // Rectangle Baker & Willow Basket Set // Fleur De Lis Cream & Sugar Set // Vintage Style Glass Vases
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake :
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or baking spray
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (reserve the icing)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup + 1 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Pour melted butter into 3 quart baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray
- Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; Cut each roll into 6 pieces- place the chopped cinnamon roll over the melted butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, cinnamon & vanilla until combined. Drizzle the mixture over the cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with ¼ cup maple syrup
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Microwave the icing for about 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Stir in 1 teaspoon of maple syrup. Drizzle over the cinnamon roll casserole
- Toast a grainy/seedy bread at 350 for about 10 minutes until bread is crisp but not overly so
- Mash avocado and spread over toast
- Sprinkle with sea salt, cracked black pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
- Drizzle with olive oil
- For an extra punch of flavor- add a poached egg on top!