enjoy this s’mores bar recipe at your next summer party!
enjoy this s’mores bar recipe at your next summer party!
We’re growing socially, and we just ADORE seeing all of your posts! It’s about time we celebrate your Mud Pie style with a hashtag to win contest. We are giving away a $100 gift card to one lucky winner! That’s a whole lotta Mud Pie!
Entering the giveaway is as easy as posting a picture to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag #MudPieGift! Want even more chances to win? Scroll to Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post and like our Facebook page, follow our Twitter, etc. for extra entries!
Ready…Style…HASHTAG! The winner will be announced Friday, July 31st on the Mud Pie Facebook and Instagram page!
Happy tagging Mud Pie Fans!
As the Artist for our Product Development team, I’m responsible for creating a majority of the original prints we do here at Mud Pie. While I love to draw almost everything, I especially enjoy creating prints with interesting detail and hand drawn elements. Print inspiration comes from a number of things, which I layout below.
One of my favorite prints to design for our Fall 2015 Baby Collection was the Safari print. I’m super excited to share with you the process of how this print was developed starting with the idea, the inspiration, and ending with the final design!
As you can see, endless time goes into making a print just right. But what a reward (and a relief) it is when the first sample item featuring the print arrives. We are eager to share this print with you in the Fall 2015 collection! Stay tuned for more print inspiration in the future!
Summertime is in full swing, and I couldn’t be happier! As I’m packing my suitcase for a long weekend at the beach, I’m dreaming up summer cocktail recipes that will pair dashingly with my outfits.
A breezy beach dress calls for a light, refreshing drink. This combination is makes for a relaxing day of salty breezes and sandy toes!
A sophisticated southern cocktail pairs perfectly with a classic shift dress. For dinner out, I’ll throw on the Willow dress for an easy, tailored look and start the night off right with a delicious drink in a copper mug!
A fruity cocktail is a necessary post-shopping pick-me-up. Could these Sabrea pants be any more fitting for an afternoon of beach side browsing?
When packing for a trip, you want to get the most out of the items you pack. As I was packing for my own beach weekend, I wanted to share with you the Mud Pie pieces in my suit case. Here are the travel staples I can’t leave without.
1. HAMPTON WEEKENDER (Similar Here): Roomy interior with over-sized pockets makes this bag the perfect size for a long weekend.
2. MEDITERRANEAN JUTE TOTE: I always pack a couple of our jute totes. They fold and pack easily into your suit case to use as a beach tote or serve as an additional bag to carry back all of your destination purchases.
3. LANGLEY DRESS: It doesn’t get more packable than our wrinkle-resistant, easy-care poly jersey dresses. This versatile style can take you from day to night and is in our most comfortable (and forgiving!) fabric to date.
4. CARRY-ALLS: You can never pack too many of these do-it-all cases. Versatile for all your travel needs.
5. MELANIE TUNIC (Similar Here): A designer favorite! This lux tunic takes you from poolside to party. Multi-purpose pieces always ensure you get the most out of limited suitcase space.
6. CARYLYLE VISOR (Similar Here): Adjustable visor style makes it breathable and poly tail friendly. It also easily rolls in to itself, making it our most packable sun hat yet!
7. NAUTILUS SHORELINE SCARF: Super-soft, lightweight scarf doubles as a scarf or sarong.
8. ANCHOR FLIP FLOPS: Subtle pop of gold make these classic navy flip flops look polished enough for day wear and perfect for poolside.
The Melanie Tunic is the perfect length to layer over your bikini or pair with white jeans. Carry-all case doubles as a grab and go clutch!
A sea inspired scarf can really pull together a daytime look and styles beautifully as a sarong.
Carry-all cases are the perfect way to keep your personal items organized. I use several for cosmetics, jewelry, and tech accessories, but I always pack an extra to keep wet bathing suits and sandy shoes separate from my clean clothes.
Here at the Pie, we design and develop a LOT of totes – which makes sense, because they are useful in so many ways! We took a little poll of how the girls on the Product Development team use their totes, and below are some of the ways our totes come in handy for each of us.
1. Adventuring Tote – I(Abigail) can fit everything I need in there! (Including the life-jackets that my confused pups are wearing – they thought they were going to swim at the lake, and didn’t get farther than the deck for this photo.) Shown here is the Nantucket Beachtripper.
2. Gym Bag – Katherine uses her Mediterranean Jaipur tote as a gym bag. An entire change of clothing fits in there, along with a cosmetic bag and anything else she might need to transition from gym to office. The little pocket holds headphones and keys (the little things that everybody hates to lose in the bottom of their bag!)
3. Bridesmaid Gift Tote – Lauren just got married, and she monogrammed a Solid Jute Tote for each of her bridesmaids, packing a few thoughtful gifts into each tote (including the Hampton Carry-all and the Safia Racer-Back Cover-Up).
4. Pup Carrier – Katie’s little Yorkie, Mae, absolutely loves totes. She likes to hop right in and peep over the top edge as she is carried around. Mae comes to the office sometimes and is the sweetest little work buddy (and may be found watching the world from any tote she finds on Katie’s desk).
5. Grocery Tote – at Jackie’s grocery store, they know her by her totes (similar Daytripper shown here). No problems with bags splitting here! Her (organic) groceries make it all the way up the stairs in one trip, averting any canned-goods disasters.
7. Gift Bag – Bobbi is our resident gift-bag-assembler (if you have ever received a c/o Mud Pie gift bag, odds are good that Bobbi created it.) Above you can see her in-progress gift package for a special little girl. In this tote I see a Pink Santa Sock & Paci Set, as well as a burlap Initial Wreath, just to name a couple items.
8. Guest Welcome Tote – Amanda uses her French Jute Tote as a guest welcome bag. It holds a towel, a cozy blanket, and all of those special little things that make visitors feel welcome.
9. Travel Bag – Lindsey packs up the Hampton Weekender as overnight bag – it is super roomy, with pockets on the inside that keep things organized.
Those are just a few ways that we tote – we would love to hear how you use your totes! Let us know in the comments!
My boys and I are headed to the lake this weekend to celebrate the 4th, and I always have high hopes of photographing the three of us casually smiling on the boat with the perfect lake sunset. However, what I have learned with small children is that you cannot have both…matching outfits and special events. If you are one of those moms that manages to photograph well-dressed and well-behaved children during life’s big events, my hat is off to you. I am no such mother. I decided to surprise the boys with a post-nap, backyard picnic in hopes to capture happy little ones at this very energetic (but adorable!) age in precious holiday outfits.
We wish America the happiest of birthdays…We are so blessed to call you home!
Snack: Flag is made out of blueberries, raspberries, and marshmallows. Drink is lemonade with frozen raspberries.
And a surprise for you…we are celebrating America’s birthday with a special promo. Visit mud-pie.com to see the deal!
Here at Mud Pie HQ we have a team known as the “Fun Committee.” They are always coming up with adventures for the office, and what a big hit they are!
You never know what you are going to get when working at “The Pie.” Whether it is a dog running up and down the office hallway, or celebrating Mark Miller’s 60th birthday with a morning game of mini-golf, things can get quite eventful around here.
It isn’t every day that a food truck pulls up into the office parking lot. But that happened this week at Mud Pie, and let me just say – YUM! The food truck, Urban Taali, delighted us with delicious options. The menu consisted of burgers, quesadillas, gyro wraps, and last but not least, Philly Cheese Steaks. What a hit it was! The office got to mingle while enjoying a great lunch.
To top it off, King of Pops provided sweet treats. The Atlanta-based company is known for their unique flavors. We enjoyed Popsicle flavors such as Cookies & Cream (it has WHOLE cookies!), Banana Pudding, Arnold Palmer, Key Lime Pie, and my favorite, Chocolate Sea Salt.
Take a look below at Street Food Day at Mud Pie!
Of course, the many dogs of the office were just as eager to try Urban Taali