Gardening is a means of relaxing to me. I spend many weekends in the soil and feel rewarded as my plants begin to bloom.
In this fast-paced world we don’t all have time to constantly tend gardens, but we still want the serenity feeling of being one with nature. We have a great selection of planters for fresh herbs or your favorite flowers. Grab some blooms from your local nursery, drop it in the planter and you are an instant gardener.
And don’t forget to think outside the box when outdoor entertaining. A few unique gardening tips I have:
1. Turn frames into menu boards. // 2. Use herb markers in small clay pots as place card holders. // 3. Remember to layer accessories for a more impressive tablescape.
Here are my Mud Pie gardening favorites that I hope you will love too!
1. Burlap Pots // 2. Garden Faucet Planter // 3. Fleurs Planters Set // 4. Bird Easel // 5. Tin Garden Markers // 6. Chalkboard Garden Markers // 7. Tin Watering Can // 8. Watering Can Candle // 9. Frog Cachepot // 10. Stacked Willow Tray Set
Howdy & Happy Memorial Day Weekend! I’m Jessica, Mud Pie’s newest Marketing and Social Media Coordinator and today’s guest blogger. The one thing you should know about me if nothing else is that I am a music queen (I owe it to my momma). I am constantly dancing, singing, cleaning, working, and even sometimes sleeping – at least trying to – to music. So, it is only natural for me to share my Memorial Day music picks with y’all.
My best girlfriends and I are heading to the charming city of Charleston for the weekend. We are celebrating the start of summer by lounging in the sand with cold drinks in
our hands a Mud Pie Cooler Tote. Aside from picking the best eats around town, I am in charge of keeping all of us entertained through the boombox.
I am a fan of any song that reminds me of summertime, whether that be country, pop, or southern rock. Gear up for the beach, lake, or even a relaxing weekend at home with the Mud Pie Memorial Day Playlist. Enjoy!
Every one have a safe and fun weekend! Happy summer!
Every year my family celebrates Memorial Day weekend at the lake. We LOVE the kick-off to summer. And what better way to celebrate than our annual family BBQ?
After a day on the boat, we all head back to the house where we enjoy smoked chicken, potato salad, Arnold Palmers, and the best peach cobbler around (courtesy of my brother-in-law). My dad is grill master, while my sister takes charge of the sides and drinks. Over the years, I have been assigned to the most fun of duties – at least I like to think so. I’m in charge of plating the food and decorating the table.
Being that May is National BBQ Month, and I am getting ready to decorate for the family weekend, I only found it fitting to share my must-haves for a summer BBQ event. Along with decorating essentials, I have included two of our family favorite recipes.
- Chalkboard Beverage Tub – I love storing our sodas and beers in this personalized cooler. It even comes with a bottle opener!
- Homemade Dip Cup Set – The BBQ sauce (recipe below) does not stay around for more than a minute, so we use a couple of these dip cups. It’s the perfect way for everyone to take the amount they want.
- Today’s Special Platter Set – I use this to showcase my dad’s BBQ chicken and pulled pork sliders. It can even be used for Hors d’oeuvres!
- Ceramic Chalkboard Pitcher – My aunts refreshing lemonade always fills up this pitcher (recipe below), but not for long! Fill it with a cocktail for an adult party.
- Chalkboard Jar – Since my family is so big, this is a fun way to keep from picking up someone else’s drink. It is also a great way to keep the kids entertained for a bit.
- Preserve Jar Place Card Bud Vase – This is my favorite piece that I continuously use each year. I select fresh, seasonal flowers and arrange them in the vase with DIY place cards. It adds a special touch.
- Rope Handle Cocktail Set – We like to take time to enjoy the BBQ, so we tend to have a cocktail hour once we get off the lake. I like to use these for our cheese and summer sausage plate.
- Galvanized Metal Pitcher – While this can be used for drinks, I love using it as the main centerpiece, styled with bright flowers. You can even use it to as a creative way to store the napkins and silverware.
- Preserve Jar Napkin Ring – A finishing touch to tie everything together. A way to add a little pizazz to the table setting.
Happy National BBQ month!
The absolute worst thing your clothes can do is create unflattering shapes on your body. A few weeks ago we received a fit sample of our Scalloped Edge Shorts (re-vamped for Spring 2016!) and the back rise had a sharp corner shape along our fit model’s mid back rise. It almost looked as if the shorts were concealing a little puppy tail!
This shape happens when the back rises’ “tilt” is off. Looking at the general pattern reference below, the curved rise is the area of the garment that contours the wearer’s back side. Like most women, our fit model is more full in her hips than her waist; therefore, the top of the rise was angled far enough away from her waist that the shorts were making an abrupt angle back to her body.
I hope I haven’t lost you yet! The four photos below illustrate how a few slashes in the pattern and some new angles quickly resolve this issue.
Just another case of some desperate pattern love needed to ensure the most flattering curve along your back side!
P.S. This will be my last blog post! It has been a pleasure working along side the Mud Pie family and I will miss it dearly. Goodbye, Atlanta. Hello, Raleigh!
I think we can all agree that we love receiving gifts, but you know what I adore even more?…giving gifts to friends and family, especially when the act supports a wonderful charity like the March of Dimes. I don’t need a special occasion to give knowing my purchase will help an infant live a healthy life.
Three years ago Mud Pie became a proud sponsor of the March of Dimes, committing to a minimum donation of $362,500 from April 2013 to December 2015. Your purchase of Mud Pie socks supports the March of Dimes imbornto campaign with a dime donation for each. We are strong believers that every baby deserves to start life healthy from head to toe.
I personally wish I could purchase these sweet, little socks to wear myself – talk about adorable. But since they are made for babies, I will just have to settle with sharing my top picks. These socks would make a cute “bow” or “gift tag” for a baby shower gift. You could even get really creative and use them for a gender reveal party! How cute is that idea?
1. Murphy Monkey Sock Buddy // 2. Little Buddy Bowtie & Sock Set – Coming Fall 2015 // 3. Preppy Sock Wreath // 4. Megan Sock Set // 5. Football Sock & Pacy Clip Set // 6. Pink Lamb Boxed Set // 7. Leopard Sock Set // 8. Lucy Socks // 9. Lollipop Socks
Want even more tiny feet? Shop beyond my picks – March of Dimes imbornto products