Most recently, I celebrated my nephew’s first birthday. ONE! I can’t believe he is one. Below are some pictures from Elias’ dinosaur first birthday party! We had a DINO-mite time.
He is my only nephew so I can’t help but shower him with Mud Pie. Elias’ first birthday outfit was an adorable Mud Pie Dino Birthday T-shirt, gray jeans and Birthday “One” Socks. I personalized the first birthday shirt – I couldn’t help it! The birthday outfit was complete with the Blue “I’m One” Birthday Hat. He looked so handsome!
We used lots of plastic and inflatable dinosaurs around the house. Tons of happy birthday balloons, pictures of Elias throughout the year and paper pom poms filled the room with color. The main table was decorated with a milestone chalkboard sign which featured Elias’ favorite things, colorful paper products and a Mud Pie Birthday Boy Candle Plate. Outside a Mud Pie Chalkboard Cupcake Sign and a Birthday Boy Dinosaur Door Hanger welcomed guests to the party.
We served up three different crostini’s, pasta and fruit salads, chips & dip, cookies and cupcakes. Crostini’s really are a great party food – easy and delicious. Check out these awesome crostini recipes here.
Bubbles, balloons and cupcakes—what else do you need at a 1 year old birthday party? Dinosaur hats! Each guest was sent home with a dinosaur hat, stick on mustache, and mini bubbles. The kids had a roaring good time running around the yard as dinosaurs.
ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END
After a long day of partying Elias crashed hard in his Mud Pie Monster Lounge Set. We were all tired – first birthday parties are hard work!
Planning your little ones first birthday party? Check out all of our ADORABLE birthday decor, outfits and more here.
Dino Birthday T-shirt: Mud Pie // Birthday “One” Sock: Mud Pie // Birthday “One” Hat: Mud Pie // Birthday Boy Candle Plate: Mud Pie // Chalkboard Cupcake Sign: Mud Pie // Birthday Boy Dinosaur Door Hanger: Mud Pie // Monster Lounge Set: Mud Pie
One of my biggest “day-to-day” tasks as a technical designer is directing fit sessions. In a fit session the design team and tech team evaluate samples and make necessary adjustments to improve styles. One of the most frustrating challenges of tech design is receiving a fit sample that measures perfectly, but looks awful!
Instead of loosing you in the technical jargon, I’ll try to illustrate a fitting to the best of my ability.
Towards the end of the Spring 2015 development season we kept receiving a sample of our Camille Beaded Midi dress with gaping at the neck. The sample looked great on and none of the measurements were off, but the only way to wear it was low on the bust with “mucho cleavage” or with the neck flopping open.
With help from a well placed safety pin we determined the edge of the neckline was about 1″ too long and the strap was angled in the wrong direction.
I hope I haven’t lost you! These next pictures are the pattern correction needed to fix the neckline.
As you can see, all this style needed was a little pattern love to make it into that perfect summer “go to” it is today!
Mardi Gras is next week and while we will not be making the trek to King Street we still have means to celebrate! A few Mud-Pie items and some DIY projects and we were ready to party.
Knot and Beau Burlap Runner: coming Mud-Pie Spring 2015 // Fleur de Lis Platter // Fleur de Lis Dessert Plates: coming Mud-Pie Spring 2015
Wood Tray: coming Mud-Pie Spring 2015 // Fresh Mason Jar perfect for holding our DIY straws // Fleur de Lis Beverage Tub
Love our straw flags? Print them below. Just print on card stock, cut, and hot glue to your favorite party straws!
Champagne makes every celebration better! A little green sugar around the rim to make it extra festive.
No Mardi Gras party would be complete without a King Cake!
Katy found the baby so she will be next years hostess and have good luck throughout the year!
Of course Finny was invited too!
Free printable straw flags!
We hope your Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras celebrations are fabulous!
Everly Reversible Poncho: Mud Pie // Collared Shirt: Croft and Barrow (yes, it’s a men’s shirt) // Window Pane Pants: Banana Republic //
Leather Bag: Kate Spade // Necklace: Lia Sophia // Equestrian Cuff: Mud Pie
Everly Reversible Poncho in Black/Tan: Mud Pie // Dress: Zara Knit Midi Dress (sold out) similar here: Topshop // Necklace: vintage Givenchy // Leather Shoulder Bag: Gucci Crest Boule, similar here: Gucci // Belt: Vintage hand-me-down
Everly Reversible Poncho: Mud Pie // Black Crepe Shirt: J. Crew, but similar here: Banana Republic // Leggings: Spanx // Booties: Sam Edelman // Tory Burch Robinson Satchel, similar here: Tory Burch // Necklace: Aldo // Watch: Michele // Cuff: David Yurman
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Here are a few hand picked items to keep in mind when decorating for the holiday:
1. CABLE KNIT MINI DIPS (Mud Pie): These textured ceramic bowls are great for all kinds of wintertime entertaining!
2. LOVE PIE CHART VALENTINE’S DAY CARD (Emily McDowell): These specialty cards combine two of my favorite things: humor + beautiful typography.
3. CERAMIC OLIVE BOWL & FORK SET (Mud Pie): The sentiment “Olive You” makes this item perfectly fitting for the holiday.
4. RED AND CREAM PLANKED FRAME WITH BOW (Mud Pie): Use this adorable distressed frame to display a photo of you and your Valentine.
5. “US” HANGING FRAME (Mud Pie): Sweet and simple, this is one of the newest 2015 frame additions.
6. CANDY DISH SET (Mud Pie): Perfect for the occasion, the antique style spoon that accompanies this candy dish reads “The Sweet Life.”
7. TIN INITIAL ORNAMENTS (Mud Pie): I have found so many creative ways to use these ornaments! Use multiple letters to decorate with a sweet sentiment OR tie an initial onto a Valentine’s gift for an extra personal touch. For an alternate style option, these initials are also great additions!
8. HOME PILLOW WRAP (Mud Pie): This sweet pillow wrap has movable heart that you can use to pin onto your state of choice. A great holiday decoration, not to mention a wonderful gift item. For an alternate option, check out this hand towel.
9. VALENTINE’S DAY GARLAND (Etsy): Add a heartfelt touch with this fun and festive heart shaped garland!
10. CREAM & SUGAR SET (Mud Pie): Featuring the words “Sweet” and “Cream,” This cream and sugar set is great for any occasion…but extra special for Valentine’s Day.